Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 20- Marble Nails /LOTD


Day 20
Marble Nails
Hey! Its a gloomy day here in Atlanta. I have to work all day, so I don't mind :) Today's challenge was one of my most dreaded (with tribal being my most dreaded). This is my second attempt at marble nails. The result is that of a beginners. What I did try differently this time was to use school glue around my cuticles and on my fingers for easier clean up. It worked great. I just peeled off the glue and most of the nail polish came off with it. I still had to use a q tip with acetone to clean up though. I used tape the first time I tried marble and it was time consuming to tape each finger and then afterwards to cut it all off. I won't be doing the tape again. Anyways, back to this picture. I used Sation-Just Lilac That as my base. Click here to see a review on it by Concrete and Nail Polish. You can see on my thumb that I left it just that color. Then I used Sinful Colors- Black on Black and Sinful Colors-Feeling Great. Here is a short review by definitelyaddicted.com on Sinful Colors Feeling Great.

LOTD
I matched my eyes to my shirt, as usual. It has reddish orange (beauty supply palette, no name), gold (Urban Decay-Honey) and black(Urban Decay-Zero) shadows with a cream (Lancome gift with purchase set) highlight. My lips are a coral color (Estee Lauder lip palette). Maybelline FIT blush. Loreal liquid eyeliner and Laura Mercer mascara. I like the look.
This was not my original outfit for the day. I ironed a pin stripe white suit that is one of my favorites to wear today. I haven't worn it since last year. But, when I went to put it on this morning, I could not  button it  :*(
This is why I am on a diet and workout kick....I hate not fitting into my clothes. I refuse to buy more clothes when I have so many that look great in my healthy size.
So, that brings us to my weigh in...

DAY 25-37 days until the Halloween party
Original weight was 135.2 and today I am 126.8.
That is 8.4 pounds less in 25 days. I could be doing a lot better, but then again, I could be doing worse.
I still want to lose about 10 more pounds in 37 days. 
At this rate I won't get there. 
So, I need to step up my game.


No comments:

Post a Comment