Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Jesse's Girl Confetti / Glitzology Pixie Dust



This is a picture heavy post.
This was my polish process, enjoy!

Jesse's Girl Confetti (2 coat)
with added
Spectraflair 14 (1 dash)
over
Color Club Pucci-Licious (2 coats)

I read somewhere that adding Spectraflair to Jesse's Girl Confetti made it awesome.
Adding the Spectraflair was the biggest headache. I added 1 small sized scoop, the size of a straw tip.
I didn't have the right tools to scoop up the holographic powder.
 I made a mess and probably wasted more of the
stuff then added to the polish.
 I should've added a few drops of nail polish thinner afterwards.
It was a little too thick. I love the end result though.
You can buy Jesse's Girl Confetti at Rite Aide drug stores for $3.99 a bottle.
Jesse's Girl Confetti is a sheer blue/purple duo chrome much like Sally Hansen DVD. Definitely a layering polish. I bet putting it over black would make it pop. But, I was digging the purple/blue tones.
It was so pretty I didn't want to take it off!


 Please view the pictures below.









Afterwards I saw my Glitzology bottle of Pixie Dust
 sitting there looking all pretty.
So, it got added on.
I did this manicure twice.
Once at night and then an hour later washed my hair.
 When I got out I saw  that part of the manicure was sliding off!
 The top of the polish was dry, just underneath wasn't. I had to redo it the next day and had issues again with the dry time. I don't know what the issue was exactly.
I am thinking it's just too many layers.
 The end result is lovely, but I just couldn't get it to stay.
Next time I will just cut the Jesse's Girl Confetti out.


Glitzology Pixie Dust (1 coat)
over
Jesse's Girl Confetti (2 coat)
with added
Spectraflair 14 (1 dash)
over
Color Club Pucci-Licious (2 coats)

Ms. Stacy's description of the polish...
"When I was little, l loved anything to do with fairies or pixies. This color reminds me of my childhood! This polish features lilac glitter, pink and lilac opalescent shimmer mica, satin lilac hexes, and lot of iridescent purple to blue squares and shreds."





2 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! I love everything about this mani. I wish they sold Jessie's girl here in FL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you ever need me to send you a Jesse's Girl I can :) They are dupes of other things though.

      Delete